Reported tax fraud - now what?

Denver, CO |

I reported someone who is conducting tax fraud for the last 7 years. Mainly under reporting income and claiming false deductions. Filed complaint to IRS 3 times and to the state dept. of revenue once within the last 1 year time frame. But there seems to be no actions taken against the individual yet. Is there something else that could be done? IRS complaints were mailed almost a year ago and state level was filed couple of months ago. But apparently nothing happened and the person still indulging in the same behavior. Does it even worth reporting tax fraud,

1. I guess it would depend on how much information and evidence you gave the IRS. The easier you make it for them to investigate and file charges or issue a deficiency, the more likely the IRS will do so.

2. If the IRS believes that you have valid non-hearsay information and that you can be a crucial witness to the tax evasion, don't worry as they will be contacting you

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

3. You make the complaint. The IRS make the decision whether to act upon it.

DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice because you and I do not have an attorney-client relationship.

4. They almost always take what seems like too much time on cases like this, and VERY often will not contact the reporting person. There is nothing you can do.

This is not intended to be legal advice, and is general in nature.