Report immigration fraud

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I know a friend of mine where he was accused of domestic violence by her spouse and the spouse has applied for u visa. I know him for a lot of years from childhood and all the allegation that the spouse is claiming is false. Is there a way that I can report it to uscis or ice so that her u visa does not get approved ? Myself and others can provide character reference for him, would that be helpful? Anything my friend can do to prevent her from getting u visa? If so how to go about this

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

5

Answered . You can try but unless the courts dismiss the charges, it is unlikely they will consider the allegation false. Speak to your friends attorney 1st!

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

4

Answered . A U visa requires the prosecutor to certify the alien aided in a criminal prosecution. It is highly unlikely they would do this if the allegations were frivolous.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Yes, you can make a report ... but, it might not have the impact you expect:

http://www.ice.gov/exec/forms/hsi-tips/tips.asp

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . You may report any perceived immigration fraud or criminal activity to the ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) by calling 866-347-2423.
    However, take notice that the information you provide must be credible and truthful. If you devise a plan to submit frivolous or fraudulent information to the federal agency just to spoil someone's changes of getting an immigration relief, you may be charged with a crime.