Skip to main content

Repeat J1 trainee visa

Carlsbad, CA |

I am currently on a J1 trainee visa for 18 months, once this had finished can I repeat the j1 trainee visa with the same company assuming my training will be further advanced? As I am not subject to the two year residency requirement, can I file within my 30 day grace period after my first 18 months, to avoid having to return back to the UK?

Attorney Answers 3


You have to talk to the company about this and figure out whether they offer such advance training.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Possibly. Consult an attorney .

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


I agree with moth of my colleagues. You should have a conversation with the employer and their attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics