Repair was done in less than 30 min and was charged for 1,5 labor??

Asked almost 2 years ago - Richmond, VA

I had to replace my front CV axle and change oil and the same time , car repair shop said it would take 1 , 5 labor to do all of that , I gave them keys at 7 : amain and car was ready to be picked up at before am . Is it legal ?

Car keys were taken from me at 7:35 am and car was ready before 8 am. I was charged for 1,5 labor+parts event hough It was done in less than 30 min

1. Victoria Lee Allen

Answered . Sometimes they have set time allowable for certain repairs that is automatically calculated. In addition, unless you witnessed the repair, they may have had more than one individual working on the car at the same time.

To protect yourself, you should have protested the amount of time that was charged at the time you received the car if you were unhappy with the charges.