Renewing Residency or applying for citizenship with a felony.

Asked about 4 years ago - Houston, TX

If someone has been a permanent resident and was convicted of a felony in 2002 for assault and possession of uncontrolled substance and his residency is expiring in 6 months, what options does he have to avoid deportation? Can he re -apply for residency?/Citizenship? Marry a citizen? to stay in the States?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Victor Ifeanyi Okeke

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . This type of situation always deserves a full consultation with all facts and circumstances fully considered before moving forward. The two offenses mentioned could potentially lead to removal proceedings. Thats why you must speak to a candid immigration attorney before a decision. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,972 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,972 answers this week

3,199 attorneys answering