Renewing my US passport through US embassy?

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

I am intending to renew my passport at the US embassy in Beirut.
if I have outstanding warrant ,will there be any problem for issuing my passport?


Additional information

the warrant is for not paying child-support for years, can this lead to arresting?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Sufian Amin Doleh

    Contributor Level 9
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Yes. Problems can arise. You should retain an attorney to recall the warrant. Our office can help. Everyone in our office speaks Arabic and have dealt with these types of issues.

    Sufian A. Doleh
    Hazkial Ashkar & Doleh
    30200 Detroit Rd., Suite E
    Westlake, Ohio 44145
    Tel.: 440-847-8076

    The information provided should not be considered legal advice. I am not licensed to practice in any State other... more
  2. Christopher Lee Beck


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, there can be an issue with the renewal as well as you could be arrested to face the warrant.. There can also be an issue with remaining in the country. You should hire an attorney to assist with getting the warrant recalled and case completed.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,314 answers this week

3,017 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,314 answers this week

3,017 attorneys answering