Renewing Expired Green Card with a Federal Felony?

Asked about 1 year ago - Minneapolis, MN

My green has expired since 2011, I want to renew it but I was told by an immigration attorney not to renew it because I will be turning myself into ICE, when I was charged with my federal offense I was considered a small potato (ICE has not come to knock on my door yet), I need legal advice I am a single mother with 2 young children at home, I don't know want to be incarcerated but I am really frustrated with my green card being expired!!

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . You need to she the conviction documents to an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Since you already have an attorney, I believe you should direct all your questions to him/her. Only after analyzing the federal felony charge and the record of conviction an attorney may be able to guide you appropriately.

3. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . Depends on the convictions. You can always get a second opinion by taking your certified criminal disposition to another experienced attorney who understands the immigration consequences of criminal convictions

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.