Renewing Expired Green Card with a Federal Felony?

Minneapolis, MN |

My green has expired since 2011, I want to renew it but I was told by an immigration attorney not to renew it because I will be turning myself into ICE, when I was charged with my federal offense I was considered a small potato (ICE has not come to knock on my door yet), I need legal advice I am a single mother with 2 young children at home, I don't know want to be incarcerated but I am really frustrated with my green card being expired!!

Since you already have an attorney, I believe you should direct all your questions to him/her. Only after analyzing the federal felony charge and the record of conviction an attorney may be able to guide you appropriately.

Thank you Rajesh, I just had to ask because this immigration attorney wasn't as good as I thought I just roughly seek like a small consultation from her!

Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

Go on American Immigration Lawyers Association's website www.aila.org and search for an attorney in your area. I believe AILA has great community of lawyers who truly care about their clients. I am sure you will find a good immigration lawyer to help you.

Thank you so much Attorney Rajesh for your recommendation I really want a attorney that does care about his/her clients instead of money thanks again wish you the best in your career! :)

Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

Rajesh Nakchhed Prasad

If you find my answers helpful, please consider marking it as the best answer. Thank you.

You need to she the conviction documents to an experienced immigration attorney.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

I meant "show"

Depends on the convictions. You can always get a second opinion by taking your certified criminal disposition to another experienced attorney who understands the immigration consequences of criminal convictions

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Thank you Irene!

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

you are very welcome and good luck

The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.