Skip to main content

Renetering US after Voluntary Departure ...Possibilities ?

10005 |

30 yr old indian national. I arrived US on F1 VISA ~ 2002.... had D/S Stamped on I-94 . Fell out of status at 2007. Voluntarily departed US on June 2013. I wasn't served any deportation order or letter from INS.

What are my chances to legally enter US with a Toursit, F1 or H1B Visa ?


Attorney Answers 4

  1. Minimal. You are barred from reentry for 10 years unless waived in which a separate topic.

  2. Poor. You are likely barred from coming back to the US for 10 years. Hire an immigration attorney.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

  3. Talking to an immigration attorney. Use Skype.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

  4. You require the help of an immigration attorney. You will need to waive the 10 year bar for illegal presence of more than one year after falling out of status.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics