Removing petition

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

My cousin found out that his wife who is in the US petitioning for him to migrate to the US, just had a child by another man. He wants to withdraw the petition but she is not willing can he withdraw the petition himself and how can he do this.

will it affect his chances of migrating to the US in the future if he ignores it. His mom will be a citizen soon and would want to petition for him will he run into problems.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. He can without his application for adjustment of status though.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

3

Answered . He cannot withdraw the petition she filed, however, he does not have to emigrate based on the petition if he does not want to.

3. Justin G. Randolph

2

Answered . No need for the petition to be withdrawn and it's not his petition. It's her petition for him. No one can force him to take advantage of it though. He ignores it and it will go away. Or he can divorce her and the petition would be even more meaningless.