Removing conditions from conditional green card.

Asked 12 months ago - Montpelier, VT

I am married to a US citizen, have my conditional green card and will like to know the earliest date to apply for removal of the conditions for my green card. My card was issued on the 10th of march in 2012. Also what documents do l need to submit with it ? Would l and my wife have to go for another interview? Thanks

1. Randall Drew

1

Answered . It is not so much the date your card was issued that matters it is the date that it expires that you need to keep track of. Because you are talking about removing conditions on status, your card is likely a two year card and probably expires around March 10, 2014, right? So you normally can apply up to 90 days before the card expires. That would be about December 11, 2013 if my math is correct. You need to submit proof that you are still a married couple (if you intend to file jointly). Interviews are common for this type of application -- but the interviews are sometimes waived for well documented cases.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Within the 90 days prior to the card's expiration.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . 90 days before March 10 2014 you can file. Check the form for instructions or see an attorney.

4. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

Answered . Within 90 days of your conditional green card expiring.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  5. Enrique Felix Mesa Jr.

Pro

Answered . Given the information provided, it appears that your conditional resident card will expire on March 10, 2014. That being said, your 90 day window to file should open on or about December 10, 2013 to file the removal of conditions. If you are filing jointly with your Husband, and present sufficient evidence to show that you both have a shared life together, then no additional interview should be needed. However, in the end, it is up to the discretion of USCIS whether they schedule a follow up interview or not.