Removing conditions from conditional green card.

Montpelier, VT |

I am married to a US citizen, have my conditional green card and will like to know the earliest date to apply for removal of the conditions for my green card. My card was issued on the 10th of march in 2012. Also what documents do l need to submit with it ? Would l and my wife have to go for another interview? Thanks

It is not so much the date your card was issued that matters it is the date that it expires that you need to keep track of. Because you are talking about removing conditions on status, your card is likely a two year card and probably expires around March 10, 2014, right? So you normally can apply up to 90 days before the card expires. That would be about December 11, 2013 if my math is correct. You need to submit proof that you are still a married couple (if you intend to file jointly). Interviews are common for this type of application -- but the interviews are sometimes waived for well documented cases.

Using this service does not create an attorney/client relationship and the information posted here is not confidential or privileged legal advice. The answers given here are for general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice.

Within the 90 days prior to the card's expiration.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

90 days before March 10 2014 you can file. Check the form for instructions or see an attorney.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Within 90 days of your conditional green card expiring.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

Given the information provided, it appears that your conditional resident card will expire on March 10, 2014. That being said, your 90 day window to file should open on or about December 10, 2013 to file the removal of conditions. If you are filing jointly with your Husband, and present sufficient evidence to show that you both have a shared life together, then no additional interview should be needed. However, in the end, it is up to the discretion of USCIS whether they schedule a follow up interview or not.

Phone: 603-296-2222; Email: LawServeAtty@aol.com. The information provided is for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as legal advice or a creation of an attorney/client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics