Removal of Condition question

Asked almost 2 years ago - Danville, PA

hello. I have a question and i want a Honest answer or explanations. i am currently on conditional green card and its due to expire June 2013, as at now my wife is divorcing me and i have already moved out of the house. i work full time and school part time, she took me to court and i am paying her spousal support. Now my question. what are my chances of getting the condition removed without any complicated immigration issues.. I will hire the same lawyer we had when i first file for conditional green card . i want to know some of the challenges of the process especially when divorce is involve.
Any answer or explanation will be appreciated.
God bless

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

1

Answered . You have to show that the marriage was entered into I good faith, but that various events later intervened, which ended up driving a wedge between you two, which led to irreconcilable differences, which culminated in separation and divorce.

Your lawyer will help you remove the condition on your residence based on the "good faith" exception, and maybe will also invoke some of the other exceptions that may be applicable to your situation, such as psychological or emotional abuse, for instance.

2. Alice Antonovsky

3

1

Answered . You should really be addressing this question with your attorney, who you mentioned filed your original adjustment of status application. He is familiar with all the details and is the best person to give you advice. In general however, you need to prove that you entered into the marriage in good faith and produce documents proving same.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

1

Answered . It depends on the quantity and quality of the evidence you submit.

4. Efe Poturoglu

2

Answered . If you will hire the same lawyer, you should ask this question to him/her.