Removal Of Condition I-751

Asked 10 months ago - Stamford, CT

Am about to apply to remove the condition of my residency but this is what i want to know, will my application be affected if both my wife and i don't any health insuarance?? Moreover do i really need to add pictures to package and if it is ok can you list the necessary documents am supposed to send with the appliaction so i can eleminate any RFE? Thanks

1. Dana Roxana Bucin

2

Answered . If you want to increase your chances of avoiding an RFE or a second interview (which is possible), hire a good lawyer to do this right the first time around. It's not a specific item that will make or break your application but rather the totality and quality of the items you do submit. Consult a good lawyer to see what's enough in your particular case.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

2

Answered . Other than the application form and two passport photos and the check there are no "required" documents. The burden is on you to demonstrate that you have continued to have a good faith marriage. The choice is yours of what to include but good documents are joint tax returns, birth certificates of children born during the marriage, joint lease or mortgage, joint debts, joint credit cards, health insurance, car insurance, car titles, Costco membership, joint cell phone bills. family gym membership, etc. In other words every day stuff showing you are actually living together and commingling your lives.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    website: www.immigrateme.com

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . The only real challenge to your application would be if the marriage was spurious. Absent that, you should be fine.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . Aside from the Form signed and dated by both of you, and, of course the check to DHS, it is really up to you what you want to include as proof of your lives together as s married couple. A very good list of those documents is contained on your I-485 interview notice (remember that one?) Dig it out and review it. The more "stuff" you send, the less the chance you will be scheduled to a second interview. Of course, if you have kids together and send their birth certificates, that in and of itself is worth more than half of all the other stuff you may be expected to attach to the I-751.