Removal of 2yr Conditional Green Card Now Interview has been requested & my Husband and I are Separated.

Asked 4 months ago - 30044

Hi I have been married to my husband since 2009. He has always worked in New York Ii worked in Atlanta. Our home is in ATL. We have lived in Atlanta he commute from NYC to Atlanta but he is always in New York. We filed to take of my conditions early last year. We we're told to send more information to show proof of our marriage which we did. However during that process i had found out that my husband had gotten a girl pregnant and he is still living with her. We are now separated but I recently received a letter stating that a interview will be required for us both. I have started and given everything up to start my life herein the US now what do i do, will they deny my Green card? Can i still keep my green card do i bring him to the interview to explain what happened? I am so confuse

1. David Nabow Soloway

1

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about your husband's conduct and about your marital separation. It sounds like your case was a complex and difficult one from the very beginning, and if you and your husband have not been working with an immigration attorney, that was a very bad decision. At this late stage, at least, you should engage an immigration attorney to represent to learn all of the relevant details in order to advise you. For example, if your husband is cooperative, it might be helpful for him to participate and to provide testimony and evidence about how the marriage was bona fide from the beginning, but he misbehaved and this led to the separation. An attorney also could review with you any other potential immigration strategies, eligibilities and options.

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, PC
    Atlanta, Georgia

2. Christopher Edmund Ward

Pro

Answered . As mentioned, you do have a problem and would be well advised to consult with an attorney as to which path would be best for you.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . It appears that you will need to consult with a licensed practicing counsel to review the need of unilateral filing to remove the conditions after you divorce if decided.