Relocating before green card interview

Asked 10 months ago - Houston, TX

I thank all lawyers on this forum, may you be rewarded. I recently filed i 130, 1485 etc for spouse green card. However, my sister and husband who we (myself and my wife) live with, said they are moving to another house. I have gone for biometrics and waiting for employment authorisation and green card interview date. My question is, will this relocation affect my petition since i have not gone for interview or what is the effect. thank you.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . You case may ends up traveling with you to the jurisdiction of new residence.

2. Pablo Husayn Nossa

2

Answered . No impact. You will need to update your address with the service.

3. Boris Alexander Palant

2

Answered . Immediately after relocation file AR-11 and by separate letter the Service Center where you filed your petition. There shouldn't be any delay but it would be a good idea if the new tenant at your old address informs you of any correspondence from the Service, just in case. Besides, if you have an attorney s/he will also receive notice of the interview.