Relocating before green card interview

Houston, TX |

I thank all lawyers on this forum, may you be rewarded. I recently filed i 130, 1485 etc for spouse green card. However, my sister and husband who we (myself and my wife) live with, said they are moving to another house. I have gone for biometrics and waiting for employment authorisation and green card interview date. My question is, will this relocation affect my petition since i have not gone for interview or what is the effect. thank you.

No impact. You will need to update your address with the service.

The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by the attorney, nor does the answering of this question create an attorney client relationship.

You case may ends up traveling with you to the jurisdiction of new residence.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immediately after relocation file AR-11 and by separate letter the Service Center where you filed your petition. There shouldn't be any delay but it would be a good idea if the new tenant at your old address informs you of any correspondence from the Service, just in case. Besides, if you have an attorney s/he will also receive notice of the interview.

Recommended articles about Employment