Regards the case status on H1B for 2014 cap.

Baltimore, MD |

My employer filed my H1B under the regular cap and using the Premium Processing. On the 15th of April 2013, I checked for the status and it was under the "ACCEPTANCE" stage. I again checked on the 16th of April, and this time the status was under "REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE". However, today ie: 17th of Aprile, Isee that the status on my case is under "INITIAL REVIEW" and there it is written as "On April 17, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. What does this mean and what should I do here. Please suggest here.

It means USCIS sent a RFE notice asking additional information on your and 15-day premium processing will restart once the requested information is received. USCIS generally faxes the RFE notice to your attorney on the same day. So, you probably want to speak to your attorney if the notice has been received. If not, wait for one by USPS mail.

If my answer was helpful, please mark helpful or select as the best answer. It encourages me and other lawyers to answer your questions.

They sent youe employer an RFE

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

It means exactly what it says: On April 17, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.