Regarding traffic stop

Brooklyn, NY |

if I got pulled over for a red light I was stop 1 and half block from the location where the police says I ran the red lights, my questions are:

1-if I ask to step out my car to take pictures of the location I was stop, the police ordered me to stay in my car isn't it wrong for evidence

2-if the cops did not put the exact location for instance I was stop in front of a home and did not put the home number isn't wrong information on the ticket

1. It is for the Police Officer's safety that he must direct you to stay in the car.
    2. It is a moving, not a parking violation; no address is required

2. No and No. Go back and take pictures now if you want.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 17 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.