Regarding the privacy act with companies posting personal information without permission

Brooklyn, NY |
Filed under: Privacy law

there are so many companies out there posting personal information of individuals without permission, with a click of a credit cards you can find personal information of any one, those companies are not federal agencies, and i feel as for me if my information is that public and easy they can put me and my family at risk from any sick person, my question is, is it not illegal to do that without someone permission under the privacy act, arent we protected by constitution, now if i search those web sites (peoplefinder, and yahoo or google? and write a letter to remove my personal information, and if they refuse can i take legal action against each one of them?

1. It is virtually impossible to control what happens on line today, web,email address information is shared virally. However, it may be illegal for someone to transmit your social security number and date of birth without permission and authority. If you are having a specific problem, consult an attorney. csgiordano.com

Civil rights topics