Regarding the L1B followed by L1A Validity

Asked over 1 year ago - Indio, CA

I had L1B visa which is expired on 18 Dec 2011 and I had I-94 until 06th August 2012. Hence I returned to India on 5th Aug 2012 before my I-94 expires. My company is filing a fresh L1A visa since my position is changed and I am eligible for managerial role now. However, I was suggested to finish a full year outside of USA in order to get the clock reset and utilize 7 more years with my new L1A visa. My question was that I need to wait until I finish one full year even to apply for a petition or I can get the Visa before I finish one year in India and just travel after 06th Aug 2013 in order to be able to stay for 7 more years in the US? Thanks in advance!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . You have to wait full one year before even applying. This question, I am sure, was answered for you by the employer's attorney. If you did not talk to the attorney yet, that would be the best place to direct your question to and a good time to start.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.