Regarding my parents visitor visa

Lillington, NC |

I am going to invite my parents for two months, both of them they are retired primary teachers. While filling visa form ,in work category I have mention retired for my Dad. But Still my father work as secretary for all pensioners club ( as voluntary work, No Salary) ,Can he mention that to the visa counselor . just to show that he is in working and to assure that,they are going to return back to their home country after their US trip. They are already going to show their pension and their property thought.

1. He is certainly welcome to provide any evidence and testimony needed.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. Yes - Anything that you can use to demonstrate they will depart the US should be included if possible

Attorney Robert Brown's (former INS Director, 1972-99) reply to your question is general in nature, and does not constitute legal advice as all facts are known to him. For specific advice or representation you should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law. Mr. Brown's reply on AVVO does not create an attorney/client relationship not constitute legal advice.

3. Yes, he should list any employment that he has.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.