Regarding my Green Card interview

Asked over 1 year ago - New Britain, CT

Hello Sir,
I just got married to US citizen and applied for green card last week. Me and my wife lives in different states due to work. So my question is ;
Do we need to meet each other certain times before green card interview? Or is there any way that we can explain interviewer about our situation?

Thanks in advance.

1. Anu Gupta

Pro

3

1

Answered . Hi there- We've handled cases where husband and wife need to live separately for the time being. Example would be when they work in different states and one spouse is trying to find a job in the other spouse's state. As long as you can prove that the marriage is genuine and that you would be living together soon, it should not be an issue.

2. Dana Roxana Bucin

1

Answered . You need to demonstrate your marriage is real despite the physical separation. I highly recommend you consult with an attorney and/ or hire one to come with you to the interview since this may be an issue.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You need to establish and document that your marriage is a real marriage despite living apart.

4. Natalia Polukhtin

1

Answered . There is no set requirements for exact ammount of meetings you and your wife have to have before the interview. As long as you have a good explanation to your living arrangements, your petition still can be approved. However, if you never resided together or otherwise "consummated" your marriage, it will be very difficult to prove that you married for the reasons other than immigration benefit.

5. Simone Rosemarie Coley

1

Answered . Separation will not be a problem if it is for a legitimate reason. Just remember to document everything. Document calls, emails, texts, plane tickets, etc., and have joint accounts. Good luck.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604