Regarding I-751 application. We were asked (RFE) to provide the USCIS the bank statements of our joint accounts.

San Diego, CA |

I-751

My problem is, the bank did not update their record when my husband added me in his account. So the bank statements only reflect his name. I asked the bank to provide me a letter stating when I was added and the reason why my name does not appear in the statements. So, my plan is to have that as a cover and attached the affected statements even without my name. Is that enough? Also, can I redact the Account number shown in the statements, and just leave the last 4 digits? The initial documents we submitted were not redacted since the amount and activity were not reflected. But since we are providing full details, I feel that I should redact for protection. Please advice. Thank you.

1. You never know. Is it possible to send in the contract you signed with the bank when he added you? I would send that in as we'll as the letter and the bank statements. I wouldn't redact them...you don't want to risk raising suspicion, especially considering that they have already issued an RFE. Rarely do they issue second RFEs for any further doubts that may arise.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, TX 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.

2. I like your first idea of the bank statements with the explanation letter on top. I would not doctor any of the documents, that may raise red flags

Attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please contact at the Law Office of Daniel Corno, (832) 767-2922, 1535 South Richey, Pasadena, Texas 77502 elabogadodaniel@yahoo.com, elabogadodaniel.com

3. The RFE response should not be limited to the bank statements. Therefore the bank statements are of some consequence but there are other vehicles to prove you are in a bona fide relationship. Best bet is to retain counsel and widen the scope of your response.