Regarding Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

Asked about 1 year ago - Cerritos, CA

I was about to file Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative for my wife.I am from Hindu Culture. She lives outside United States. I was wondering beside the form , do i need to submit Affidavit of Support now or not? and my next thing was what are the other documents i need to submit to process my case with ease. And We dont have the marriage photographs, what shall we do ? We are married since last 2 years. Every year i go for 45 days and come back. We chat and talk everyday at phone. What are the documents needed along with form I-130 petition for Alien relative and what are the documents i can submit if i dont have marriage photographs looking forward. Its a genuine marriage.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

24

1

Answered . You should submit evidence to show a bona fide marriage (e.g., joint property, joint income tax forms, affidavits from your relatives if they attended your wedding, etc.)

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

15

1

Answered . You need to either spend time on the USCIS and DOS websites to familiarize yourself with the process and its requirements or else immediately contact an immigration attorney to set an appointment for consultation to be explained the process.

3. Pablo Husayn Nossa

13

2

Answered . Please familiarize yourself with uscis.gov and http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html. Additionally, based on the nature of your questions, I would suggest that you consult with a qualified immigration attorney to assist you int he process. Best of luck.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

12

1

Answered . My colleague is correct. You need to do more research/homework (reading the law/form instructions) rather than asking questions on a blog.

Or, you can meet with an attorney, several of us have learn-how-to-do-it-yourself consultation services.

QUICK ANSWERS ... the affidavit of support isn't needed as part of the I-130 package. I will also say that phone 'chats' do not generate documents and carry ZERO weight with CIS ... do you send birthday/holiday cards? Bank transfers of funds? do you have a list of people that will sign affidavits? .... these are the type of things you'll learn from a lawyer.

5. John K Lassen

9

Answered . Do more research or speak with immigration lawyer

www.BulgarianImmigrationlawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630