Regarding F1 Visa

Asked 7 months ago - Herndon, VA

Hello,

I am on H1B Visa and My wife came to US on H4(dependent) visa. she got converted to F1 and got approved last Oct-2013. Enrolled as Full time student from Spring 2014. Last month she went to India on vacation. Her Visa got rejected for F1 back in India. Last week she came back on H4 which is still valid.

Questions:

What options she has to get back to F1. Is that her Sevis will be still Active or not.
Is she has to re-apply again for change of status from H4-F1?
If yes, What will be chances to get approved for F1 from USCIS.

Let me know, if you need any more information.
Please help me.

1. Jeff L. Khurgel

Pro

Answered . Her school's will be able to confirm her status in SEVIS. She will need to have a change of status H-4 to F-1 to be able to be in F-1 status (if she needs this status).