Regarding DV Lottery, I need to provide Police certificate from the country I stayed in for 12 months after I became 16 years.

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

Regarding DV Lottery, I need to provide Police certificate from the country I stayed in for 12 months after I became 16 years, In case i had a residence in a country, but u didn’t stay in it for 12 months continuously, do I need to get Police Certificate from that country?

1. Your question isn't clear.

Are you saying that you were in a particular country for 12 month ... but not for a continuous period of time?

To be safe, you should get a certificate if you spent more than 6 continuous months there.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Get the certficate just in case. And hire an attorney.

3. I agree with my colleagues. Better safe than sorry. Go ahead and obtain the police certificate.