Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

Regarding DV Lottery, I need to provide Police certificate from the country I stayed in for 12 months after I became 16 years.

Regarding DV Lottery, I need to provide Police certificate from the country I stayed in for 12 months after I became 16 years, In case i had a residence in a country, but u didn’t stay in it for 12 months continuously, do I need to get Police Certificate from that country?

Phoenix, AZ -

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

Your question isn't clear.

Are you saying that you were in a particular country for 12 month ... but not for a continuous period of time?

To be safe, you should get a certificate if you spent more than 6 continuous months there.

Russell Boon Rhea

Russell Boon Rhea

Immigration Attorney - Detroit, MI

Get the certficate just in case. And hire an attorney.

Carlos E Sandoval

Carlos E Sandoval

Immigration Attorney - Hollywood, FL

I agree with my colleagues. Better safe than sorry. Go ahead and obtain the police certificate.