REGARDING A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT.IS IT TRUE THAT IN FLORIDA DISCLOSURE OF ASSETS CAN BE WAIVED AND IS THIS THE SAME IN NEW YORK?

Asked 12 months ago - New York, NY

WANT TO KNOW IF DISCLOSURE OF ASSETS IN NEW YORK CAN BE WAIVED BY BOTH SPOUSES AND STILL HAVE A VALID ENFORCEABLE PREMARITAL AGREEMENT...?

1. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

5

1

Answered . I can't say what the law is in Florida, but yes, disclosure can be waived in New York. It's just not advisable. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Divorce attorney.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  2. Marco Caviglia

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . An agreement, pre-nuptial or otherwise, which does not involve the future of children, can validly bind the parties even if they waive disclosure. No thinking spouse-to-be should agree to this since it is common enough that a party will delude the other party, even if entering marriage. At least consult an attorney to review it before you sign the agreement.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

5

Answered . If you want Florida law re-post your question on the Florida Avvo page.

4. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

4

Answered . Disclosure can be waived in NY but why do it? You may miss huge assets you may be entitled to.

5. Peter J Weinman

Pro

4

Answered . What happens in Florida stays in Florida...