Regarding a home purchase in monroe county PA,

Blakeslee, PA |

i just purchased a house in Monroe County PA, it is a foreclosure, since i purchased the home as is, it is now my property, I assume the propane tank is also part of my property, but some people says sometimes the tank is a lease ffrom the gas company, can this be possible, no home is built without a tank out there, i try to contact the gas company they cannot recognize the address, and since it is getting cold im trying to compare prices between gas companies to fill up the tank and many ask me teh same question, is it a lease? i dont know what to tell them does any one knows if that is possible

Many builders put in propane tanks which are owned by a particular gas company. The gas company then charges a higher price for gas to cover the rental of the tank. Most gas companies will want a copy of the bill of sale for the tank before they will deliver. I would argue that the foreclosure sale could divest the rights of the tank holder, but only if notice of the sale was given

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise. When answering questions on AVVO, attorneys are prohibited from directly soliciting business. Don't take this as an indication of lack of interest. Follow my answers to other questions on Twitter @LandLawyer James S. Tupitza 212 West Gay Street West Chester, PA 19380 610-696-2600