Reference letters for filing - PERM Labor Certification Application (GC)

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I have a few doubts about the reference letters for filing - PERM LCA (GC). My employer asked me to get these letters but I have no idea what is the format and how to get them. 1. What should be the format, and content of the letter? Should it include my roles, responsibilities or just experience letter stating my employment with them. I have the experience letter which says my start date and end date but doesn't state the roles and responsibilities. 2. Do these letters need to be signed by the current employer or employees whom i worked with but they also left the company? 3. Can these letters be on the company letter head or any normal plain letter? 4. Any sample letter? Please help me out guys, i am having sleepless nights thinking about it.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . Talk with your attorney. No need to be stressed.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Kalpana Vrudhula Peddibhotla

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . When your employer files the PERM they have to include your employment for the last 3 years. Sometimes the employer requires certain experience or skills for the position. Generally, the letters of experience from your prior employers serve certain purposes in PERM petitions: (1) to verify the employment dates; (2) to verify your previous responsibilities which should ideally be consistent with your resume and the PERM application; and (3) if experience or skills were required for the PERM then these letters will verify that you meet those requirements and will ultimately be included in the I-140 petition.

Ideally verification of employment letters would be printed on the letterhead of the prior company. However, if this is not possible, the letter can be on plain paper. If the manager is no longer working for your old company I recommend collecting other evidence proving that you both worked for the same company.

You should check with your employer’s immigration attorney as to the expected format.

3. Habib Hasbini

1

4

Answered . Are you talking about the cover letter? Do you have the job descriptions ? Your company's lawyer should be able to prepare all these. It has to be reviewed by the lawyer before you submitted in order to avoid any delay or denial. This is very complicated procedures. Make sure to let the company's lawyer to review them for your or hire your own.
    Good luck and don't stress out.

Law Offices of Hasbini 619-200.8986. Free on phone and in office consultation. http://www.sandiegoemploymentlawyer.net
  4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You need to ask your employer's attorney what he wants on those letters and then try to obtain them.