REF. I 864, I DO NOT HAVE AN INCOME AND I HAVE 79 K DOLLARS IN MY SAVINGS, WILL THAT SATISFY THE REQUIREMENT FOR IMMIGRATION?

Asked about 2 months ago - Brazil, IN

I AM AMERICAN. I WILL FILE 1 130 FOR MY SPOUSE OUTSIDE US. ON THE I 864 I ONLY HAVE SAVINGS AS FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND NO PROOF OF INCOME.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Read the instructions to the I864. This situation is discussed there. Talk to an immigration lawyer.

2. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

1

Answered . Your question underscores the necessity of having excellent counsel represent you. Do not try to do on your own--don't file any forms without an attorney. See Part 7, use of assets in the instructions to the I-864.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication.
  3. Morrie Pour Nourian

Answered . To use your assets I lieu of income you must provide proof of them and having them for at least on year. The ratio of assets is 5 to 1 meaning your 79 k calculate to be less than $20,000. Which may not be enough for her support. You can always have someone else to co sponsor her.