ReEsablishing residecy for I-864

Arvin, CA |

I'm US Citizen temperaly residing abroad over four years with my wife and children. I still own two cars in the US and Bank checking account, Credit cards which my parents are using and paying the cards statements. I still have school loans which I'm still paying its payments. Now I have an approved immigrant visa for my wife that is pending at the NVC for the I-864. Are those facts above are sufficent to proof my intent to re-establish residency in the US.

1. Yes, these are important but depending on what you are doing abroad and if you can persuade USCIS it was temporary in nature, will determine if it is sufficient.

An immigration attorney can assist you in crafting your argument and completing the process. Additionally, you might want to read a thorough 27 -page memo on I-864's that discusses that issue on domicile.

I suggest you consult with an immigration attorney directly for the best strategy regarding the specifics of your case. Feel free to contact the firm regarding any questions you might have regarding this response.

Happy New Years!

Law Office of Ruby Lichte Powers
    5535 Memorial Drive, Suite F-130
    Houston, TX 77007
    www.RubyPowersLaw.com
    Ruby@RubyPowersLaw.com
    Tel: 713-589-2085
    Fax: 713-589-3101