Reduce arrears to almost nothing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I have a child support case with my ex,and he was able to have his lawyer reduce his arrears from a whopping 13,171.00 to a mere 3,587.82? How is this possible? How can i stop him?

Additional information

it was through the dept of rev,the arrears are both established and retroactive,he does have a lawyer.I'm not sure if a motion was filed.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Carin Manders Constantine

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . We would need much more information to answer this. Was this a Department of Revenue case? Were the arrears established or Retroactive? Did he have a lawyer? Was a Motion Filed?

    With these facts I have no idea how it happened.

    This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,110 answers this week

3,300 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,110 answers this week

3,300 attorneys answering