Skip to main content

Recourse for false information regarding default Judgement.

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

A Florida Law firm acting on behalf of a Lender contacted me and advised that they would be filing suit on a loan. They informed me if I paid a certain amount each month that would avoid the Law Suit they then accepted my payment and still filled suit. They sent me and settlement which I agreed to (I never disagreed and have always been willing to pay just was unable for a time). I continued to pay for 9 months and spoke with the firm several times, each time the staff would belittle or berate me to the point I sent them a cease and desist letter. They have now obtained a default judgment and have used false amounts in their filing. I can show where they lied in the filing and that it could only be done intentionally. What is my recourse against the firm and Lawyer who filed the false info

Attorney Answers 1


Lawyers who knowingly file documents containing falsehoods have defrauded the court and violated the rules of professional conduct. Both the court and the bar can deal with that. You should find a good consumer attorney and see if you can untangle what happened.

Mark as helpful

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics