Record Sealing for Michigan Probate Court (Mental Health Commitment)

Asked 10 months ago - Port Huron, MI

I was the subject of a motion for an involuntary commitment/psychiatric evaluation. I followed all recommendations of the hospital and the matter never went further to probate court. The existence of case documents begun by this petition appears on local court records search engines/web sites. What recourses do I have available to me to request the sealing, expungement, destruction or similar mechanisms to render access to these documents non-public? Additionally, assuming that such a means to seal/destroy/make non-public exists, once sealed or rendered non-public, can the very existence of these case files or documents be disclosed online or through a digital publicly available search engine?

1. John F. Brennan

Answered . Please see my answer to you same question.