Recommendations for US work visa.

Asked 9 months ago - Thousand Oaks, CA

My inquiry is to get recommendation for a US work visa. My girlfriends company is transferring her on a L-1. They have offered me a job to accommodate her the best way possible. I am a Canadian citizen in a powerline technician apprenticeship. The positive they have offered me is as a solar technician. I do not have a bachelors degree and the H2-B visa would not be long enough is there any other options I have???

We are not married yet so I would not be able to get on an L-2 visa as of right now. If I were to get an H2-B visa is there anyway I can transfer from that one to another ? Something's that would keep me there for a longer period of time?Even though I have no degree?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . I agree with Mr. Behar, congratulation is in order.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Hello and congratulations!
    As the spouse of an L-1 visa holder, you will have the right to apply for L-2 visa/status with the US CPB at the airport in Canada, prior to boarding the US bound flight. Once you enter the US on an L-2 visa/status, you have the right to immediately apply for and employment authorization card, which you will receive within 2-3 months after filing. It will be valid for 2 years at a time, and can be extended in 2 year increments for as long as wife will maintain valid L-1 status. This is a better option, and one that will be much easier to comply with than with the rigid (and costly) rules of the H-2B "temporary" or "seasonal" worker visa/status. Welcome to the US!

3. Viera Buzgova

2

Answered . You should have a consultation with an immigration attorney to determine what visa options would be suitable for you. If you are in love and get married, it would create more options for you.