Recommendations for DUI trial lawyer

Bellflower, CA |

Hello...I am considering taking my DUI misdemeanor case (Low BAC) on trial and was wondering if you have any recommendations for experienced trial lawyers in Norwalk/Bellflower/Downey courthouse

1. I have experience handling this type of matter and I serve the Norwalk/Bellflower/Downey area and I have very competitive rates and I offer a free consultation. I also will give your case the personalized attention that it deserves.

Additionally, there are many other qualified attorneys on this site that may be able to handle their case. Search their profiles, schedule consultations with more than one attorney so that you can get a feel for which attorney will be the best fit for you and which attorney can best help your case.

This answer is provided solely for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Most of us on AVVO are trial lawyers. As for myself, I have handled hundreds of DUIs and done DUI trials. Initial consultation for most attorneys on AVVO is free.

3. Look for DUI criminal defense attorneys here on Avvo in the Bellflower area. Schedule a free consultation with several and than pick the one you you trust, can afford and follow their advice. Good Luck.

4. Reach out to attorney Kim and speak with him, as he seems to be the very sort of attorney you will need to defend this case.

5. Look on the avvo site. Only attorneys with 10 or more years experience also
    look at California

6. There are many experienced (and some not so experienced) lawyers here on AVVO.

You should make some appointments to talk to a few. Most lawyers on AVVO will give you a free consultation.

Look specifically for those that are members of the California DUI Lawyers Assoc. Look for those of us that are certified SFST instructors and have done many jury trials.

Good luck!!

7. Look on Avvo for attorneys in the area. Downey can be an interesting courthouse to deal with. Most attorneys will give you an in initial complimentary consultation.

8. As a Bay Area lawyer, I can only tell you this: meet with several attorneys (especially those here on Avvo) and pick the one you are most comfortable with.

This is an area of your life that you will be turning over to someone else. Make sure youtrust that person.

Reliance on any information in this website is at the sole risk of the user and the user understands that he or she should consult with an attorney before taking a course of action based upon information contained in this website. The information on this website does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

9. There are many here who will provide you with a free consultation. Interview a few and pick one with whom you are comfortable.

10. I have known good trial lawyers without any experience with a particular courthouse and they did very well at their first trial. That being said, I know one in Pomona who is very good and would be glad to refer you to him if you contact me. All the best.

This answer is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

11. FYI: Most of the lawyers answering your question want your case and expect to earn money by taking it.

I think it foolish to look only to lawyers with ___ years of experience, a certain fan rating, peer rating, AVVO rating, AV rating, flashy ad campaign, etc. It would also be foolish to completely ignore positive client and peer reviews altogether.

If you are really shopping to find the best lawyer you can find, meet in person with as many as you can reasonably make time to meet. Since you know you are going to trial, ask to see the public records of each lawyer’s last few outright DUI wins (at jury trial, preliminary hearing, or 1538.5 motion). If they are from ten+ years ago, maybe you should look to a younger lawyer. If they don't exist, keep looking unless the fee reflects the fact that the lawyer wants to cut her teeth on your case. Experience is not everything, but attorneys need to have some relevant, local, and recent jury trial experience to fully exercise his talent for litigation in your case. Any experience in the LA, OC, IE areas is relevant, so long as your lawyer is sensitive to the local rules and juror demographics. Talent for litigation is what wins trials.

DUI topics