Skip to main content

RECKLESS DRIVING. i did nothing reckless no criminal history drugs or dui. Should i get a lawyer?how much?what should i ask?

Poulsbo, WA |

police narrative--While on patrol in a marked patrol car i was sitting observing traffic on viking ave. As i observed traffic during the evening commute i saw silver nissan truck on the inside lane traveling at normal speed.To the right of the truck in the outside lane was a mini coppertraveling at normal speed.the mini cooper looked like it was going to move left to drop in behind the truck.I then observed the suspect vehicle a audi going faster than normal radar gave a high audible sound but i was not able to ascertain the suspects vehicle speed due to so many target vehicles inthe radar.the audi drove onto the shouldar of the road(not true)and passed the mini who was still occupying most of the lane(not true).the audi passed the mini, truck and another truck to merge.OUT OROM

Attorney Answers 2


Reckless driving is a gross misdemeanor that is punishable by up to a year in jail, a $5,000 fine, and other serious civil penalties, such as license suspension. You ought to get an attorney who is experienced in dealing with traffic offenses to help you with this case.

To answer your question, police reports are designed to make the person who is charged look like the worst person in the world. What you point out are factual disputes. Luckily, however, the government's burden of proof is a beyond a reasonable doubt standard, so you will be able to challenge factual disputes in front of a jury. However, a lawyer can help you explore legal defenses (not just factual ones).

Getting charged with a crime is an unsettling experience. There are, however, people who can help to keep you out of jail and keep you on the road.

This answer is given merely for informational purposes and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice, contact an attorney in your state to see if working together makes sense.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You should talk to a lawyer. Many times, these cases can be resolved significantly better than as charged. But it depends on the lawyer and the jurisdiction., and also the facts of the case. Call around - get a few free consults.

Mark as helpful

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics