Recieving disability benefits and thought it had finished so i decided to apply for unemployment?

Asked about 1 year ago - Bakersfield, CA

I recieved benefits after my baby was born i filled out my papers for an extra month and I hadn't recieve anything so I thought I wasn't going to recive anymore so I decided to file an unemployment claim,what can I do?will it affect my disability benefits?

1. Neil Pedersen

4

Answered . You can get one or the other but not both. You get disability benefits if you are unable to work. You get unemployment benefits only if you are ready willing and able to work. By definition you cannot qualify for both.

Good luck to you.

2. Michael R Crosner

2

Answered . Consult an attorney who handles disability insurance claims - also, if you were employed at the time you may be entitled to maternity leave benefits. You can locate an attorney on AVVO undet the heading "Find a lawyer"

3. Clifford Michael Farrell

2

Answered . It is not clear if you are talking about SS disability, State disability or private long term or short-term benefits from your employer-or STD or LTD benefits you paid for on your own. This does not sound like an SS disability question, so you may in fact e able to get both - not enough here to tell.

I will try to repost under employee benefits as that may help