Recently Released

Asked 7 months ago - Harrisburg, PA

I was recently released after doing four years in prison. I was told that I could get $1,000 or so from Social Security for being an incarcerated individual to get on my feet. Is this true?

1. Daniel M. Myshin

4

Answered . It is news to me as well. Most defendants released from prison have some form of supervision in the form of probation or parole, as well as a housing plan. If that is true for you as well, you might try contacting your probation officer. He or she can be an excellent source of information on social services and employment services available to you. Good luck.

2. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . I've never heard of that, but it should be easy enough to find out on Monday by contacting your local Social Security office.

3. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

1

Answered . I am completely unaware of that and would be utterly shocked if that were true. I honestly think that many people on the right would be making an enormous deal if this were the case. Please let me know if you discover otherwise, but I do not believe that to be true.