Recently my pastor who I confided in that I was having an affair, took that information and called the other person's spouse.

Richland, WA |

Recently my pastor who I confided in that I was having an affair, took that information and call the person's wife, that I was having an affair with, and gave her details of the affair. Is this a violation of mine or the other person's civil rights?

1. No. There is no State law that says a pastor cannot divulge information. There may be ecclesiastical ramifications for the pastor, but it's not illegal. There may be a cause of action for clergy malpractice, but it is not common in Wa. and you would have to show economic damages. Having an affair in Wa. state is legal and has no impact of divorce law.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.