Recently due to poor technique, my 3.5 year old son was given an ingrown nail by my child's father.

Fremont, CA |

At time of appointment, his father was present & took our son for his visitation & 24 hours later returned to me & he said, "we were able to drain it," while the foot & toe had bandaids all over & was wearing closed toed shoes. After initial appointment, he said he would take care of it & I mentioned we both need to follow the doctor's advice. It was quite apparent someone had "worked" on his foot. There was a mark (bruise) where an injection was made on the top of the foot & the big toe was severely more injured due to being cut around at & having the skin pulled back from the tip of toe & at cuticle. I assumed he had been taken to another doctor against what the court order states to be the pediatrician our son initially saw, but never got a response from my ex.

Recently I was contacted by people from ex's social circle who were quite upset w/ how my son was being treated&made contact by email(who gained my e-mail as my ex's girlfriend regularly forwarded my correspondence w/ me&the father for them to gossip) to let me know that my ex's g/f bragged about performing this medical procedure on my son's foot&that she thought it was a "compliment" for me to think a doctor had performed it. Both my ex&his girlfriend work for medical supply companies&presume they gained access to the syringe, lidocaine&other items unethically. My ex purports himself to be "in the medical field"&has stated his g/f is a "nurse". Checks to state licensing show no such person licensed as a nurse&the women that contacted me stated she has never been a nurse. Have court date next week, don't have an attorney&his 3rd attorney recently quit him, as did others. He's continually trying to drag things out in court w/ unfounded&offensive claims about me. Please comment on how to address this.

There isn't a question here.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE CAN THANK ATTORNEY MEMMEN BY MARKING IT “BEST ANSWER” or “HELPFUL.” Mr Memmen is donating his time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. THIS IS NOT A CONSULTATION and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. Alexander Memmen recommends that you always consult – in person – with a local attorney before taking any action.

Struggling to get all information within the character guidelines. See additional information above. This isn't okay to be done to our son and has caused damage to his toe to date, and this occurred in June 2013. There are other ongoing issues that the girlfriend states she filed for legal guardianship, says that my son deserves a better mother and encourages my son to call her mom. My son comes home after visitation very confused and has resulted to hitting me and saying, "you no my mama." The lengths of sabotage being done to me and my son and our relationship is really crossing lines. I also don't get told about appointments when we share legal custody, yet the g/f is given permission to attend instead. Can't something be done to foster my relationship as the only mother and my relationship with my son? How is this okay?

I am not sure whether this is a family law court or dependency court; if this is a family court hearing, then you can request FC 271 sanctions against him for dragging this.

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not intended to serve as a legal advice in your specific circumstances. This response is a legal opinion based solely on facts represented and you should not rely on this legal opinion as a legal advice. You still need to consult an attorney directly to fully protect your legal rights.

If you believe you can document someone unqualified to do so using syringes and painkiller on your child during a visitation, then you should sit down with counsel to explore future visitation being supervised only. You should also explore reporting the conduct to child services. Parents can do simple first aid, but it this is beyond that, a failure to address may come back and bite you some day.

I have pictures of his foot before and after going to see the doctor and then after he came home with this procedure being done and it's a visible bruise and needlepoint. I addressed this matter to the father but haven't been back to family court yet for it to be heard there. We go to court again next week. Unfortunately, my experience so far shows I'm being run in circles. I was screened through child services and told they won't get involved with this since is ongoing in family court but they told me to go to self help where I was told I could file for a restraining order against the girlfriend since she's not married to my ex and it's a civil matter, but then I was told in court today, that it's a family court issues and was assumed to be a jealous ex when it has nothing to do with that. These people have only come forward within the past week and a half, and as time goes on, things seem to mount and become more heightened with the lengths they will go to. I just don't think it's healthy or in the best interest of my son, or any child to have something like this done at home. I just want to stop anything else from happening anymore. And I seem to hit walls every time.

I don't understand why there isn't a standard of things to abide by and tired of things dragging out while they continue to do outlandish things and sabotage my relationship as our son's mother and the impact it's creating on him for his age. He still will take a toy doctor bag and use the toy needle to put it to his foot everytime. He's more vocal now about things as he was in speech therapy for lack of speech for his age. I just don't want to seem like I'm exaggerrating when he does this stuff... yet it really isn't right

Kevin H. Pate

Kevin H. Pate

If you feel you are getting the run around, you need counsel. I realize it may not be in your budget. But this is your son. You may need to evaluate anew what might be removed from the budget, and search your area in detail to see if you can locate someone who takes payments. Good luck to you and your lad.

Yes, I agree. It is my son, and that's why I'm taking a stand against what was done to him and the sabotage going on because it overall is not in his best interest and his well being. All the attorneys I have contacted require a large upfront retainer fee, which I don't have and I apparently make to much to receive aid from the court and I haven't been able to locate a pro bono lawyer. How does stuff like this ever get resolved when my ex has funded 3 lawyers and things just keep getting worse. Thanks for your advice and response.