Recently been terminated form job in a hospital for a positive drug test,will i be able to seek employment at another hospital?

Asked about 1 year ago - Augusta, GA

i was unaware that the pills my friend has given me to test out for an appetite suppressant would show up postive on a drug test

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

1

Answered . Only potential employers can answer. That is not a legal question.

2. David Edward Oles

Pro

1

Answered . Whether you will be able to truthfully state that you were not fired for drug related incident is the issue. Hospitals will definitely be interested in that. I would consult with a good attorney who can help you figure out if you could challenge the termination, and clear your name. Otherwise you may have considerable difficulty becoming re-employed in healthcare.

3. Scott J. Klosinski

1

Answered . You can seek it and explain, but they will probably call your old employer.

The is no attorney client relationship with me or our firm until a written contact is signed