Recently been terminated form job in a hospital for a positive drug test,will i be able to seek employment at another hospital?

Augusta, GA |

i was unaware that the pills my friend has given me to test out for an appetite suppressant would show up postive on a drug test

1. Only potential employers can answer. That is not a legal question.

2. Whether you will be able to truthfully state that you were not fired for drug related incident is the issue. Hospitals will definitely be interested in that. I would consult with a good attorney who can help you figure out if you could challenge the termination, and clear your name. Otherwise you may have considerable difficulty becoming re-employed in healthcare.

I am providing general information on the law only, and no attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of this exchange. You can not rely upon this as formal legal advice. If you require specific legal advice, you must hire an attorney and then your communications will be protected by attorney-client privilege, and you will have the benefit of an opinion of counsel. Call 770-753-9995 for a free evaluation.

3. You can seek it and explain, but they will probably call your old employer.

The is no attorney client relationship with me or our firm until a written contact is signed