Recently an employee feel asleep at the wheel during his shift. Can the company hold him responsible for damages?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bakersfield, CA

Is there some sort of disclaimer I can have the employees sign stating in the event of negligence he or she will be held responsible to damages caused to company vehicles?

1. Sean Michael Patrick

3

Answered . No. As an employer, you are responsible for the torts of your employees while in the course and scope of their employment.

2. George Costas Andriotis

4

Answered . Yes the company will be held liable unless the employee acted outside the course and scope of his employmend and/or he was not using the vehicle in a way permitted by his employer.

Pro

4

Answered . No, bump up your limits. If an employee seriously injures someone, it could bankrupt your company if you don't have enough insurance. For example, many companies with tractor-trailers have umbrella policies up to 20m.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Kevin Coluccio

3

Answered . Yes the company would be responsible and there is not way to get a release on this issue.