Received summons that a motion to reopen the complaint was filed, as defendent what should i do

Asked over 1 year ago - Newark, NJ

I received notice that a "Motion to Reopen the Complaint" was filed by Plaintiff. The case was dismissed over a month ago. As was the first case, she now includes additional "lies". As the defendant, what do I do? Just wait to see if the motion approved? What to do about these new fraudelent charges....She says "I continue to harass her and she is afraid". Not true. This is so sickening that anyone can basically say anything and I have to go to court to answer these charges and probably have to hire an attorney again and miss work. She has brought the same complaints against other people. How to make this stop and can I counter sue?

1. Christopher Roy Higgins

Answered . If you don't respond to the Motion, the court may well reopen the case, and if you fail to respond, a default judgment may be entered against you, which would attach to any real property you own. Consult an attorney to discuss your options, and you may be able to nip this in the bud.

2. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

Answered . I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My practice includes employment, business and health care law. Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law applies.

That being said, if this is a motion, you can oppose it. If she is bringing claims without basis and for an improper purpose, you can bring a counterclaim, but they are hard to prove. You should speak with an attorney ASAP.

/Christopher E. Ezold/

The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    Employment, Business and Health Law
    One Belmont Avenue, Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com