Received RFE on Petition to Remove Condition on Residence (Form I-751). What should be the next steps to respond?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

USCIS mentioned the following in the notice for the documents already submitted:

- Joint Federal Income Tax return forms with no evidence showing they were properly filed
- Unsigned joint lease
- Joint bank account statements spanning short period of time that do not show you and your spouse have actively used the account throughout your marriage
- joint health and dental insurance benefits page without proof of premium payments

Please submit evidence to show that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together. The evidence should cover the entire period of your marriage.

This could include: Joint residency, combines financial resources, affidavits from third parties, any other relevant documents

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . YOu forgot to ask a question.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . Once you submit the evidence to their approval you should receive you LPR approval.

3. Eric M. Mark

Pro

2

Answered . It appears uscis has strong doubts about the validity of your marriage. You can respond on your own, but I would expect a very difficult interview in which you are separated and questioned. If you are serious about approval, hire a lawyer ASAP.

4. Richard Bennett Bracken

3

1

Answered . CIS wants to see more evidence that you and your husband enjoy a joint life together. If you filed taxes together you might rectify the tax document issue by getting a "tax transcript" from your local IRS office. If you filed joint returns that is one way of showing proper filing. If you in fact have a joint lease agreement you can consider talking to your housing manager about executing a properly signed joint lease. CIS would be happy to receive anything else you have that supports your joint life together. Most immigration attorneys have experience helping clients realize that they have joint documentation that they haven't considered. I agree with my colleagues that in obtaining an immigration attorney you greatly enhance your chances of adequately satisfying your CIS.

5. Michael Hugh Carlin

3

Answered . Well, it appears that USCIS made it pretty clear what they are seeking. You could respond on your own, or you could hire an experienced immigration attorney to help you to do so. I recommend that you hire an attorney.

6. Olubusayo Kikelomo Fasidi

1

1

Answered . Proving the validity of your marriage remains the focus of your petition to remove conditions, you should keep this in mind at all times. Everything and anything you submit should show your intention to live together as husband and wife, so that is why they expect evidence to "cover the entire period of
    Your marriage"
    As a general rule in responding to RFE's from the service you should try as much as possible to obtain and submit all documents requested for. You can use the notice as a guide/checklist.
    I will suggest that you see a competent attorney before responding, as denial of your petition may have dire consequences.