Received notice to quit 2 days after rent was due while landlord is in foreclosure, not sure if it's a legal notice to quit?

York, PA |

Rent always paid on time . Last month , had repairs done that she never did ( 5 months - kept text mags between us ) , which took entire month's rent . This month , told her I was consulting atty today as to who to pay rent to b / c she is in foreclosure ( we rec'd notice from sheriff late Jan . ) On 3rd , a man gave notice to quit to my daughter ( date , address , my name ) This letter serves as a notice to quit . You have 5 days from today to pay $ 1400 on OR before 3 / 8 / 13 . This includes late payment of 2 months . Nonpayment will result in eviction proceedings . As stated in lease " no pets may stay there , even temporarily " . So therefore you also have 5 days from the date above to remove all pets . Failure to do so will result in eviction proceedings . This tr serves as your first & final notice . Any advice

1. The landlord retains legal title to the property at all times throughout any foreclosure that is filed against them. Title is only changed when the final sale is made and a new deed is issued for the property.

So yes, the landlord had the legal right to give the notice of eviction. As an Ohio attorney. I can not comment on whether the form of the notice was correct. Good luck.

Don't forget to click on the "Best Answer" button, if you appreciate this wit and wisdom. This answer is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship and may not be relied upon as legal advice. A careful examination of the facts is necessary before a legal answer may be relied on. You should consult your own attorney before taking or refraining from any legal action.