Received letter April 19, 2010 from USCIS stating uscis denied the petition december 2009.Can I still appeal?

Asked over 4 years ago - Arkansas

got letter from USCIS stating denied petition. and didnt recieved the explaination why we got denied. We check online status still said REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE. called up uscis, same. Senator and Congressman called me February 2010 that our petition was being reviewed in California. How come USCIS send me letter that the petition denied December 2009? How can i appeal it since its already 4 months now? Please help.

1. Julie Elizabeth Kruger

Answered . You should schedule an appointment with an immigration lawyer, and provide the lawyer with a copy of the decision you received. An immigration lawyer can help determine whether or not you can still appeal, and can prepare the appeal for you. Make sure you save the envelope you received the decision in, which should indicate when the decision was mailed. Best of luck to you!

The above is general information and does not create and attorney-client relationship.

Julie Kruger, Esq.
    www.kolkenlaw.com