Received an advertisement in the mail claiming if you match your symbols on the flyer you win 25,000 dollars cash. I

Sumner, MI |

If you take the flyer to the car dealership where they claim this and they do not pay up can you sue them? On the flyer it says 1. remove the pull tab on your electronic code kase, 2 scratch off the tab on the safe dial, 3 if you symbols match you win 25,000. Then underneath the safe it says if you're a winner, you are guaranteed one of our great prizes shown below. Is this false advertising because they tell you, you will win 25,000 cash if you match the symbols and you do and they don't pay up?

It might be. Depends on the exact language and nature of the offer which really can't be captured in the post you sent which has a couple ambiguities in it. If this happened to you, take the advertisement (which is different from a solicitation, different from an offer) to a local attorney and let him/her read it.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Do you have an email where I could send you an email with attachments of the flyer so you could see it for yourself?

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

No, you need to see a MI Attorney sorry (if the document offends a MI statute, I am illl-equipped to advise you.

You are likely misreading the flyer. The match is almost certainly something done at the dealership, not before, as the purpose of these is almost invariably to get you to go to the dealership so they can try to sell you a car. My guess is everyone's symbols match and one of the "great prizes shown below" is usually pretty much worthless. Read the fine print and you will likely see you have not yet won. You can sue a pancake for syrup if you want, but you will not likely win, and likely not here either. But, if you really think you have won then take it to an attorney, pay for the consultation, and see if the attorney agrees.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

I understand what you are saying and I know that you have to match the prizeboard at the dealership but the way the flyer states it is you have won 25,000 if you have matched the dial and the code kase I am sure everyone's matches but how do they get away with that?

Okay here it is what the flyer says exactly in the upper right hand corner it says 1. Remove the pull tab on your electronice code kase, 2. Scratch off the tab on the safe dial, If the symbols match you win 25,000. Then to the left of that is a safe that you scratch. The symbols match up. On the top it says match you symbols! Crack the vault and win!! Then it goes to say underneath if you are a winner you are guaranteed one of the great prizes below etc.... But why can they get away with saying if your symbols match the code kase and the symbols you scratch on the flyer match you win 25,000 that is what I gather from the flyer. Thank you for your time.

You would have to follow the steps exactly, this is, "scratch" at the dealership. Then, you will receive ONE OF THE GREAT PRIZES SHOWN BELOW." Perhaps, a free test drive? Perhaps $200 off on a new car? You can be sure that the dealer has tried to protect itself. Or, as my colleague suggests, you can consult with counsel over the exact detals of the flyer.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.