Received a traffic ticket for 1110A (Disobey something - cant read handwriting) in NYC

Asked 11 months ago - Flushing, NY

I made a turn where only buses are allowed to make a turn. I was stopped by police and was issued a traffic ticket for 1110A/Disobey (illegible words after that). Can a traffic ticket lawyer help me to dismiss the ticket? How much is the fine? Is it $138? The last question is whether this ticket can increase my insurance premium. This is my first traffic offense since the past few years.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . There is no plea bargaining in NYC Traffic Court so it's either plead guilty or go to trial. I suggest you hire a Traffic Court lawyer. Losing means points on your license and an increase in the cost of your automobile insurance.

2. Terri Beth Kalker

Pro

1

Answered . 1110a is Disobeying a Trafgic Device, here, namely the no u-turn exc busses sign. Is is a 2 point $138 violation. Many, but not all, insurance companies add a surcharge to your premium for the violation. An attorney can help you fight the ticket.

3. George Peter Conway

1

Answered . It sounds like you have been charges with failure to obey a traffic control device in violation of NYS VTL 1110-a which is punishable by a fine up to $150.00, up to 15 days in jail, 2 points on your New York State Driver's Abstract and a surcharge of either $88.00 and $93.00. The foregoing is not a complete statement of all the consequences associated with being convicted of a moving violation in New York. No lawyer can fully advise you without reviewing the accusatory instrument, your driver's abstract and speaking with you about the facts and circumstances of the surrounding the stop.