Received a traffic ticket for 1110A (Disobey something - cant read handwriting) in NYC

Flushing, NY |

I made a turn where only buses are allowed to make a turn. I was stopped by police and was issued a traffic ticket for 1110A/Disobey (illegible words after that). Can a traffic ticket lawyer help me to dismiss the ticket? How much is the fine? Is it $138? The last question is whether this ticket can increase my insurance premium. This is my first traffic offense since the past few years.

1. There is no plea bargaining in NYC Traffic Court so it's either plead guilty or go to trial. I suggest you hire a Traffic Court lawyer. Losing means points on your license and an increase in the cost of your automobile insurance.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. 1110a is Disobeying a Trafgic Device, here, namely the no u-turn exc busses sign. Is is a 2 point $138 violation. Many, but not all, insurance companies add a surcharge to your premium for the violation. An attorney can help you fight the ticket.

3. It sounds like you have been charges with failure to obey a traffic control device in violation of NYS VTL 1110-a which is punishable by a fine up to $150.00, up to 15 days in jail, 2 points on your New York State Driver's Abstract and a surcharge of either $88.00 and $93.00. The foregoing is not a complete statement of all the consequences associated with being convicted of a moving violation in New York. No lawyer can fully advise you without reviewing the accusatory instrument, your driver's abstract and speaking with you about the facts and circumstances of the surrounding the stop.

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement