Received a speeding ticket in south georgia Febuary 2010, in January 2013 received a notice super speeder fine. Statue ?

Alpharetta, GA |

I never received notice as required in 30 days been living same place 25 years but received this notice 2 years after ticket was issued and paid. Statute of limitations I'm seeing is 2 years on speeding tickets ? And my license has never been suspended like it should have been in 90 days, Options ?

1. Super speeder fee is administrative in nature, statute of limitations is not applicable.

You should consult an Attorney that handles Traffic cases in the jurisdiction you received the citation to evaluate your options.

2. Mr. Klein is right, there is no statute of limitations on the administrative fee. Your license was not suspended because they did not previously send you the notice. If you do not pay it now, your license will be suspended until you pay it; you will also have to pay a reinstatement fee. Your original mistake was not seeking the advice of counsel for your ticket. You could have avoided the super speeder fee by having a lawyer negotiate your ticket down to a lower speed. This could have also saved you the points on your license and any higher insurance consequences. In the long run, it would have been well worth the attorney fee. Just keep that in mind for the next time.