Received a speeding Ticket for going 62 in a 45 .He wrote wrong license information.

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I have a CDL license and he wrote that it is not. If he cannot read a drivers license how do we know that he can read a laser properly? I do not believe I was going that fast anyway plus I really want to keep the points off my license.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Zebulon Kelly Chandler

    Contributor Level 10
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . As discussed your best approach may be to kindly ask for your ticket to be modified. There may be information or details that could suggest ineffective use of the laser based on the location etc, which could help your request for a lesser pleading. I have written a legal guide about challenging a citation, it may be helpful.

    Good Luck.

    Zeb Chandler

    This answer does not constitute a legal consultation, or definitive answer, nor does it establish a lawyer client... more
  2. Allen Rust Knox

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . Your argument is not going to help you very much and, in fact, is likely to irritate the judge you appear before to argue this ticket. Moreover, whether you have a CDL or not does not change the relevant facts that must be proved in order to find you guilty: your speed and the posted limit. You would be better off going to court and asking nicely for a reduction in the speed. If you have a clean driving history (either clean or no recent tickets), you will be in an excellent position to request a reduction. With a CDL, it is always advisable to hire counsel to assist with your case.

    Allen R. Knox
    125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 334-1399

  3. Johnny Ramirez Castaneda

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . If you believe that you were not speeding at the speed listed and you do not want points on your license, you should consult with an attorney to see what options you have. One option is to contest the charges at a trial.This option has some inherent risk. Your attorney may be able to come up with other options that may accomplish your goal of keeping pionts off of your license.

    This information is provided for general purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship. To... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,714 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,714 answers this week

3,238 attorneys answering