Received a notice to quit possession giving me 5 dys to move bc my landlord lost his house to the bank.

Asked over 1 year ago - Bridgeport, CT

Lived here two years. I got 2 little ones. I always pay my rent and out of nowhere I get this notice. I thought the bank needed to give me more time. I'm so worried about this. It's not fair to do everything right and be evicted. What about my deposit?

1. Sarah Poriss

Answered . A notice to quit does not mean you have to move right away. Do find a landlord/tenant attorney or call Statewide Legal Services of Connecticut to see if you qualify for a pro bono attorney. Answer the suit and make sure you do not miss any court dates.

2. George Costas Andriotis

Answered . The bank likely advised the owner months ago but the owner only advised you now so they could continue paying rent. Consult a Landlord/Tenant attorney ASAP with a copy of the Lease to protect your rights.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.